- coat of mail
- nounarmor that protects the wearer's whole body• Hyponyms:↑bulletproof vest, ↑chain mail, ↑ring mail, ↑mail, ↑chain armor, ↑chain armour, ↑ring armor, ↑ring armour, ↑corselet, ↑corslet, ↑cuirass• Part Meronyms:↑armet, ↑basinet, ↑brassard, ↑breastplate, ↑aegis, ↑egis, ↑cannon, ↑casque, ↑cubitiere, ↑cuisse, ↑epauliere, ↑fauld, ↑gauntlet, ↑gantlet, ↑metal glove, ↑gorget, ↑greave, ↑jambeau, ↑helmet, ↑knee piece, ↑nosepiece, ↑pallette, ↑palette, ↑rerebrace, ↑upper cannon, ↑roundel, ↑skirt of tasses, ↑solleret, ↑sabaton, ↑tasset, ↑tasse, ↑tuille, ↑vambrace, ↑lower cannon, ↑voider, ↑gusset
* * *
* * *[1480-90; parallel to F cotte de mailles]
* * *coat of mail nounA piece of armour for the upper part of the body, made of interlinked metal scales or rings• • •Main Entry: ↑coat
* * *coat of mail,plural coats of mail.a garment made of metal rings or plates, worn as armor; hauberk.
* * *n. historical a jacket covered with or composed of metal rings or plates, serving as armor
Useful english dictionary. 2012.